« All Events
Rotary Conference 2018
6th April 2018 - 8th April 2018
SUN, SEA, SAND AND INSPIRATION…
…are coming in waves to Torquay for the 93rd annual Rotary conference, 6th – 8th April 2018.
Please note this is open to current Rotarians only, sorry
Speakers and Programme
We are delighted to confirm that HRH The Princess Royal will be joining us on the afternoon of Saturday 7th April!
Along with our Royal guest, there will be an exciting programme of motivating and entertaining speakers ready to share their inspiring stories with you. We are excited to confirm the following speakers for the 2018 Conference:
- Chris Tarrant, Broadcaster and Purple4Polio Ambassador.
- Angela Rippon CBE, Broadcaster, journalist and presenter will talk about Dementia and community response.
- 2017/18 Rotary International President, Ian Riseley.
- 2017/18 Rotary in Great Britain & Ireland President, Denis Spiller.
- 2017/18 Inner Wheel President, Liz Thomas,
- Liz Johnson – The Paralympic swimmer tells her truly inspiring story.
- Pam Rhodes – from BBC’s Songs of Praise joins us on Sunday morning.
- Michel Zaffran – Director of Polio Eradication at WHO.
- Lydia Slack – “An Awkward Age”. A hilarious and charming insight into life on the farm.
- Alex Leger – The former Blue Peter director and producer reveals all in his talk “Behind the Badge”..
- Shaun Sawyer – Chief Constable of Devon & Cornwall.
- Phil Bennett OBE – Former Welsh International Rugby Union.
- Janice Langley – The National Federation of Women’s Institutes
- Cyber Crime Experts from City of London Police Crime Unit.
- Paul Harvey – “A Rotary Polio Vaccinator in India”.
We are also excited that broadcaster, journalist and presenter Angela Rippon CBE is also hoping to be with us, TV work permitting. Angela is a dedicated supporter of Alzheimer’s Society and became an official Ambassador of the charity in 2009.